
....our pants are getting tighter around here (technically mine got looser a few months ago but now they are getting tighter again). Hubs whispered to me in church a few weeks ago that he could feel his pulse around the waistband of his suit it was so tight. I laughed so hard I almost had to take the baby out (wink, wink) because "we" were causing a disruption. And this is why.....
Coconut Cake
1 box yellow or white cake mix
1 cube butter softened
1 box vanilla pudding
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. coconut extract
Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes or so. Batter will be thick. Pour into two round cake pans (although you could do a 9x13 or other option if you prefer) that have been greased well and bake for 30 minutes (350 degrees) or until cake tester comes out clean.
1 cube butter softened
1 box vanilla pudding
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. coconut extract
Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes or so. Batter will be thick. Pour into two round cake pans (although you could do a 9x13 or other option if you prefer) that have been greased well and bake for 30 minutes (350 degrees) or until cake tester comes out clean.
Coconut Frosting
1/2 cup butter
3 oz. evaporated milk
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar (about 4 1/2 cups)
2 tsp. coconut extract
Top with toasted coconut if you like...which we do....a little too much, apparently
3 oz. evaporated milk
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar (about 4 1/2 cups)
2 tsp. coconut extract
Top with toasted coconut if you like...which we do....a little too much, apparently
It's not just the cake though....it's the cookies, brownies, and other treats too! We moved into our new house with this great kitchen (double ovens for double the baking!) and man, oh, man is it getting used!
I should feel some guilt or have a resolution to "get healthy" (since I am a dietitian and all), but I'll have to work on that. Until then, you can just call us the Fatty McTaylor Family (just don't call us late for dinner)!
I should feel some guilt or have a resolution to "get healthy" (since I am a dietitian and all), but I'll have to work on that. Until then, you can just call us the Fatty McTaylor Family (just don't call us late for dinner)!
4 comments:
Oh Yum! As I'm reading this post I am inhaling a big piece of that awesome triple choc. cake from costco? You know the one?:)
Oh Yum! As I sit here reading your post, I am inhaling a piece of that triple choc. cake from costco! You know the one? :) I think I have the same problem....only no new baby to blame for it!:)
I TOTALLY know what you mean... hahaha
Finally! There is a perk out there for not cooking, or baking!!! (Though, with me, I just run out and buy a [large] bag of M&M's and inhale that EVERY night!) bad...bad...bad...bad...!
Post a Comment