I've had to put this post on hold, by order of Hubs....until he had notified all the right people (ie. the good folks at Rite Aid that have employed him for the past 20 years). But, now that the "cat is out of the bag", I can officially post that.....WE HAVE RELOCATED TO ST. GEORGE, UTAH! We have talked alot during our marriage about "someday" taking our kids home (for me) to St. George...but the time/opportunity just snuck up on us.
Sweet job offer in SG + Smoking deal on the perfect house for our family + Sell of our home in Centerville = Inability to deny that "THE TIME" had come
The "bitter" part of this equation is that we had to leave great friends in Centerville that have become our family over the past six years. We didn't know how awesome our neighborhood was or how important an awesome neighborhood is when we bought our home on Churchill Drive. We just liked the house! But the people there are some of the best we will ever know and I have cried a few tears (plus a few more even as we speak) about living far enough away that I won't see them everyday.
We will also miss our home. I didn't think it would be so hard to walk through our empty house after everything was loaded onto the moving truck, but it was! We have countless memories there and it's the only home our kids have known. We were glad to at least have sold to a cute family and I just kept thinking that it was someone else's turn to make memories in "our" home and to have the privilege to live in the Reading Ward.

The "sweet" part of the equation is that we are closer to family (well, mine anyway...have I mentioned lately what a good man Hubs is?!). Plus, Hubs new employer isn't open on Sundays....a dream come true, really, to spend Sundays together as a family. Also, there is this house.....
Here is the scoop on the house. EVERYTHING in SG is a short sale, which contrary takes anything but a short amount of time to get into. We put in an offer the first of June and then threw up our hands saying, "If this is what we are supposed to do, it will all work out." We sold home, which brought on some anxiety because we didn't know if the bank would accept our offer on our new home. Then we started packing up all our belongings , STILL not knowing if the bank would accept our offer. Finally, on the day we began putting all our stuff into the moving truck, we got a call that the bank had accepted our offer! We hope to close and move-in around September 21st, so until then, we have invaded my dad's house (thanks dad!).
We have had TONS of picture taking and events like first day of school/preschool/dance, etc., however, the cord to our camera is in a storage truck in Salt Lake. So, stay tuned for a ridiculous amount of blog catch-up from me once we get settled in sunny St. George!
9 comments:
Wahoo!! That is wonderful news! What is the address of the home you are moving into? Can't wait to see you, let me know what I can do to help you. Love, Malynn
How exciting!!
How exciting for you! Let Hubs know next time we are in Utah we will try to come see you. My home town is Beaver, so not to bad of a drive.
Jeff and Nicole
Hallelujah- I was in need of some FUN, and here you come! Hurray! We are so glad you will be closer to US! How can we help? I've got a man with muscles, and I have A LOT of experience unpacking boxes.
I can completely understand your sentiments about the move being "bittersweet". I felt the exact same way when we moved! Your new home is just gorgeous and what fun to be back with family! Keep blogging when you can so we can still keep up with you and your family!!
Oh to be back in the desert again! I was just thinking of you and wanting to get together! I guess I will have to make a "G-O-10" trip down there!! Congrats!
congrats!!! Your new house is gorgeous! Have fun in the sun... send me all your sweaters!
YEA! You get to come home! Your new house is beautiful!
I'm so happy for you. I hope I'll still see you at UDA functions. I really like you and wish I had done more with you while you were closer. Can I come visit in St. George? :)
Post a Comment