November 21, 2009

INTRODUCING.....

Jillian Barbara
born November 15th at 2:45am
weight: 8 lbs. 1 oz.
length: 20 inches

Another surprise water break at midnight on Sunday...five days before the scheduled c-secion. We were sad that my doctor was out of town, but his on-call replacement did a great job. Hubs was supposed to leave Sunday morning to give a continuing education talk up north, but they let him out of it...thank goodness! Jillian had low blood sugar and spent a few days in the NICU with an ugly IV in her head, but she perked up quickly and we both came home on Tuesday.



We are all enjoying a new baby at our house! We sure think she is sweet!



9 comments:

jomama said...

Congratulations, what a cute baby! And an 8 pounder- yikes! Hurray for a C-section, right. I hope you have a quick and uneventful recovery.

April said...

congrats! She is super cute - totally looks like you guys! Surprise water break... that's fun!

Jan T. said...

Thanks for posting pictures....she is beautiful! And I love, love, love her name.

Anonymous said...

She is SOOO cute. I'm glad that she is doing better

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie...love the name.

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie and I love the name! I wish you an uneventful, quick recovery. Please call me if you need anything. Love, Malynn

Ivan and Shelley said...

She is a cutie. Thanks for sharing pictures with us.

Amy said...

congrats!!! She is beautiful! so much hair....maybe somethings in the water...funny that we all had water brakes--I read somewhere that spontaneous water breaks happens only 10% of the time...I hope your guts feel better soon and that you get some sleep!

Brenda said...

Congratulations, Melanie!! She is beautiful! Miss you but I hope you're loving your new home!