November 4, 2009

SCRIPTURE "STUDY"

I won't claim that our family is super on top of things like FHE, family prayer, scripture study, etc.....but we try.

This morning while the kids and Hubs were finishing their cereal I was reading to them from the Book of Mormon Stories (because that is about my level of scripture understanding....someday I'll promote to the actual Book of Mormon). We were reading about ALMA counselling his sons.

The kids were about half listening before they started to tease each other/bicker. So Hubs asked, "Who is Mom reading about?"...to pull them back in. Without missing a beat, Sugar answers, "ELMO!"........
Well, I guess that's just how we roll around here! They still have years of good Primary teachers to learn the scriptures if Hubs and I fail miserably....right?

5 comments:

jomama said...

So funny. I love the pictures! The religious education at our house isn't going so smoothly either. I'm hoping it will be like Elder Bednar's conference talk and they will at least remember that we were consistent. Way to be!

MG said...

That is funny.

Jeri Ann said...

I just linked to your blog- again- from Mindy and it brought a tear to my eye. Seeing your cute kids made me sad-again- that you are gone. We miss you so much. Your home in St. George looks beautiful. I am happy for you- just sad for us that we don't get to bump into your cute family around here anymore. :( I hope you are all doing well. :)

NatalieT said...

You can come read at our house. I don't think Brooklyn and Nathan even realize we are reading anything most of the time when we do it. At least Sugar knew you were reading about something.

KatandBlue said...

I am so glad that i am not the only one who isn't the most on-top-of-it when it comes to such things! At least you're trying...which is what I need to be better at.