November 15, 2008

IT'S ABOUT TIME...

When we moved into our house, 5 years ago, Little Buddy's room was the first to be painted. About a week after, I decided it was a little boring and that a few bright stripes would fix it right up. Fastforward 5 years (and lots of other room painting), and I FINALLY got around to the stipes! It was a fun little project...Little Buddy even helped....but I'm sure glad it's done.

As a side note, it used to be a joke between Hubs and I that he would leave in the morning to work a twelve hour shift with me still in P.J.'s saying, "I'm not sure what I'm going to do today." But by the time he would get home that night I had dismantled a room, painted it, cleaned up, put the room back together, and would be sitting watching TV or reading a book. A few times he has said, "Hey, wasn't this room beige/green/etc. this morning?" Well, my friends, that has all changed! I guess now that I am the big 3-0 (gasp), things are slowing down....I just don't get projects done like I used too. But for now, I'm just going to blame it on the kids and not the age.

11 comments:

Aleisha said...

You are so cute. I love the room.

Mindy said...

It looks good, I love strips. I have done 2 rooms while Mike was at work, so fun, he was shocked, but glad it was done and he didnt have to do it. I like painting.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Love the stripes! What a great room. Makes me want to do something cool with Brandon's room but I doubt Bryan will let me...the house is still too new. It's already a stretch for him to let me hang pictures. :)

jeny said...

i love it! i didn't know you were so talented. nice job:)

Vanes said...

I was wondering about the "Little Buddy" - I was thinking I hadn't heard him called that before?! Good idea! I need to do something too?!
*LOVE the stripes - they look darling!!

Jan T. said...

Looks great....come finish the stripe in my boys' room...I only started it two years ago!:) We must be in Primary..that's why we don't get our stripes finished for years on end.

April said...

k - that looks straight out of Pottery Barn! Looks really good - I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Super Cute! I want to do something like that for my boys room.

Anonymous said...

Hey cute room. Didn't you make that quilt a while ago like before I moved? Melissa