November 25, 2008

SICK DAY...

As I was getting ready to leave for the gym this morning, Hubs decided not to join me...did I mention he usually goes with me on Tuesdays. He was feeling a bit "under the weather" and told me to leave Sugar (she usually goes to the gym daycare) and have a good workout. So, I did just that, plus I stopped by JoAnn's on my way home (stay tuned for a possible future post on projects in progress).

With several hours having gone by, I fully expected to come home to Hubs on the couch watching TV/sleeping and Sugar running amok (practically) unsupervised. And, I would have been fine with this...really. Hubs + feeling icky + watching kids, does not equal productivity!

To my surprise, sweet, sweet Hubs had (1) finished the laundry AND put it away, (2) put clean sheets on the guest bed in preparation for my dad's Thanksgiving visit, (3) vacuumed most of the house, (4) cleaned out vents and changed the air filter to our heater (I didn't even know you were supposed to do that!), and (5) kept Sugar happy and out of mischief...no easy feat in itself.

All this, plus, he was looking good in his jeans! I'm the luckiest girl I know! Maybe he should stay home "sick" more often!

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

What a sweet husband.

Mindy said...

I love suprises like that.