
Little Buddy went to brush his teeth before bed tonight and came back down stairs to show me a huge gap in his smile....he has lost his first baby tooth! I am excited first off because he is so excited...you know, the tooth fairy, money under his pillow (the boy has always had an entrepreneur spark about him). But also because (in case you've never noticed) he has these huge (translate, nasty) silver caps on his front four teeth. Why, you ask? Well, it may or may not be because his parents (who shall remain nameless) put him to bed as a baby with a bottle...a lot. Dumb, I know, but in those early months all I could think about was catching up on sleep. Him going to sleep meant that I could go to sleep...therefore, anything that made him sleep was good. By the time I snapped out of my sleepy stupor, it was too late...the habit was hard to kick. Anyway, I think that everytime I look at that shiny silver smile, I am reminded of how I failed him as a new mother by ROTTING HIS TEETH. So, the quicker those babies are replaced by a fresh start, the better! Until then, we will be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth," all through the holidays! Merry Christmas to me!
2 comments:
Oh how fun for him. I hope the tooth fairy makes it to your house. Our tooth fairy is sometimes on vacation I think, cuz it takes her a while to deliver the money, so our kids have to yell out the door to make sure she know to come. Crazy toothfairy.
CONFESSION... I'm a BAD mom! I still put Bella down with a bottle occasionally... Thanx for the reminder! I need to STOP!
Post a Comment