December 12, 2008

...attention all "Flyers"....

I'm sure most of you Dixie High Alumni Bloggers have heard about our fellow alumni, neighbor, and friend, Jeff Andrus, by now (check out the blog update his wife is keeping if not jtandrus.blogspot.com). But, I ran across a post on Facebook tonight from Jared Stanley that I wanted to pass along for those who are not FB "junkies" yet (it's inevitable...so you might as well join the crowd). This is what he said:

"Jeff's been in a small room at U of U hospital for over a month, he can't leave because he has no immune system; he will spend christmas there. He's not going to be able to go home until February.I visited Jeff today, he has a terrible laptop (i tried showing him what facebook was - PAINFUL! - 4 mins just to open fb!) which means he can't talk to his kids on skype, etc.I thought we could all pitch in and get him a new one, I'm going to go ahead and order it tonight.if any of you want to donate feel free.i put a link to my PayPal here: http://jaredstanley.com/jeff.html"

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've just felt sick about it since the minute I heard he was fighting cancer. I can't think of a nicer guy than Jeff. This might not be much, but it's a small way we can help to keep him connected with the outside world and, most importantly, to his family.

Jeff, we are all thinking about you and praying for your quick recovery!

No comments: