I've wanted to write down some of the funny things my sweet son has been saying lately but just never get around to it, so instead, I'm going to blog about them! He has always been a little too smart for his own good and since starting Kindergarten and "getting out into the world", he just kills me with the things he says and does. He is growing up way too fast!
The other day he saw some bananas on our counter that were turning (slightly) brown. He said, "Mom, you really should buy some of those GREEN BAGS, so that you don't waste these bananas. You know, when you have to throw out fruits and vegetables it's like throwing money in the garbage." In my half-paying-attention voice I said, "What?" So, he proceded to repeat himself and go on about how these GREEN BAGS trap gases that are given off by the produce so they don't rot as fast. It was then that I (vaguely) remembered the info-mercial I had seen about this product. You've seen it too...right? Well, apparently it captivated him so much that he can tell you all about them. In great detail. And will, I'm sure, if you just ask him!
About a year ago, Little Buddy's beloved hamster, Stewart, died (of natural causes...we think). He was one sad little guy that day and for many days after (side note...we've tried other pets since, but no one has quite been able to fill Stewart's little hamster shoes). He doesn't get sad and weepy about Stewart anymore except for if he is very tired and it's around bedtime. So, a few months ago he was having one of these nights where Hubs was putting him to bed and Little Buddy was dreadging up old wounds and sad about life, when he started asking about Stewart. Hubs said, "Remember how we talked about it being time for Stewart to go live with Heavenly Father again and that he's happier now in his little hamster heaven?" And Little Buddy said, "I know Dad, but after he died he was supposed to come back in three days!" We both about split a gut laughing as we realized that the Easter story about Jesus had been translated by our sweet boy to his little pet friend.
Friends (2006)
I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with my kids and hear and see all the little funny things they do each day. They are one of my greatest blessings!
6 comments:
What a sweet blog! It's kind of scary what our kids pick up from their world. I loved the story about Stewart. At least someone is paying attention in Primary and FHE!
I love your blog! I am adding it to my favorites. I mostly love your shelf of books, A Thousand Splendid Suns if one of my favorites!
I love the things kids say! One of the reasons I love to BLOG!! It's SO fun to remember their cute little sayings!! :)
hilarious! He is a smart cookie - poor little Stewart.
Hey! I just noticed your comment on Liesel's blog, so therefore tracked your blog down. Hooray! Now I can waste even more time sitting at my computer stalking my pals! Love ya!
Mel it's Aubs...CUTE kiddos, I finally got to see them. So see ya soon :)
Post a Comment