Last night was our annual ward Trunk or Treat.....as?%d*fs.k! That's what I think about Trunk or Treat! The poor ladies whom I serve with in the Primary Presidency have had to hear me complain, complain, complain for weeks about this inevidable event. One might think that it's the dietitian avoidance to candy that makes me hate it, but you wouldn't know me very well! (I impose a "Mom tax" on my kids Halloween candy every year....you know, my payment for helping them with their costumes and all!). But, I think it's a close toss up between finding candy wrappers all over my house for a week PRIOR to Halloween (not just after) and buying candy twice for the kids in our neighborhood (Isn't the point that you Trunk instead of Trick?).
Anyway, I am now tossing my pride aside and admitting that it was a fun activity (plus, the easiest quarterly activity we've done). How could I not have fun with these ladies?! I'm so thankful to serve with them...they have become some of my dearest friends. Thank you, ladies, for putting up with my grumpiness!

Anyway, I am now tossing my pride aside and admitting that it was a fun activity (plus, the easiest quarterly activity we've done). How could I not have fun with these ladies?! I'm so thankful to serve with them...they have become some of my dearest friends. Thank you, ladies, for putting up with my grumpiness!
(I had to add this picture because I just love Jan's scary pirate face!)
6 comments:
Our Young Men's and Young Women's sponsor our ward's trunk or treat for the kids. This year we're having it the night of Halloween. Yeah! When they fall on different days, I just recycle the candy from one activity to the other. No way am I buying that much candy. And the kids (and I!) don't need it anyway.
It was a ton of fun. Thanks for putting it together
Im glad you had fun. We arent much for the trunk or treat either. We took the kids to see HSM 3, it was tons of fun.
Okay...so glad you added my scary face! yikes! We definitely could have done without that one! :) It was VERY fun. Remember that when we want to do it again next year! :) Love ya!
You guys look great! What great costumes! Our ward is having a carnival on Tuesday but no trunk or treat.
k, I love your costume! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
I was in RS for awhile and all I did was complain.... I feel bad now!
Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment